Policy: Life Membership – Eligibility Criteria and Process.
Purpose: This policy establishes the eligibility criteria and outlines the process for granting Life
Membership at the Melton Table Tennis Club.
Scope: This policy specifically applies to Life Membership at the Melton Table Tennis Club.
Input: The criteria for Life Membership will be determined by the Committee, elected at the
previous Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Nomination for Life Membership of the Melton Table Tennis Club, must be
submitted to a current member of the Melton Table Tennis Committee by 30
June prior to an Annual General Meeting held later in the year.
- Nomination for Life Membership of the Melton Table Tennis club must be
submitted in writing and provide detailed information on how the nominee
meets the criteria for Life Membership. Specific examples of their work and
achievements must be included.
- The Life Member nominee must be nominated and seconded by a current
- Criteria for consideration:
- A minimum of 10 years in specific roles which resulted in significant
progress of the Melton Table Tennis Club.
- The nominee must have made an outstanding contribution in at least
one of the specified areas and a contribution in one of the other three
areas. These roles may include, but not be restricted to:
➢ Coaching /Managing
➢ Service on Committee
➢ General Contribution in a volunteer capacity. (fund-raising,
- The Committee will review the Life Membership nomination during a scheduled
meeting, discussing and voting on the validation of the criteria being met
- The President of the Melton Table Tennis Club will inform both the nominee
and nominator about the outcome of the nomination before the Annual
- The nominated individual must confirm their acceptance of the Life
Membership nomination in writing. Without the nominee’s acceptance, the
nomination will be considered invalid and the process will not proceed.
- Successful nominees will receive confirmation of their Life Membership status
during the Annual General Meeting.
- A Life Membership certificate will be presented to the successful Life
Membership during the Melton Table Tennis Club’s presentation night.
- A maximum of two Life Memberships will be endorsed in any one year.
- Members who achieve Life membership will have their season fees waived for
the duration of their time at Melton Table Tennis.